- In the space of 150 years, we have gone from eating no added sugar to more than a kilogram a week.
- You would need to run 7km every day of your life just to not put on weight as a result of eating that much sugar.
- Two decades ago 1 in 14 adult Australians and New Zealanders were obese; that figure is now 1 in 5.
- The ‘natural’ sugar in one glass of unsweetened fruit juice per day for a year is enough to add just over 2.5kg your waistline.
- The more sugar we eat, the more we want. Food manufacturers exploit our sugar addiction by lacing it through ‘non-sweet’ products, such as bread, sauces, soups and cereals.
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Remove this food from your diet and watch the changes to your body and mind!
There is one food that is said to be the culprit to putting on weight as well as slowing your brain down and making you forgetful.
If you can eliminate it from your daily diet, you will quickly lose weight and your brain will be sharper.
So what is it?
Simple – Sugar!
The worst thing is – that sugar is very addictive!
David Gillespie the author of Sweet Poison was 40kg overweight, lethargic, sleep-deprived and the father of four, with twins on the way. He knew he needed to lose weight fast, but he had run out of diets – all had failed. After doing some reading on evolution (why weren’t our forebear’s fat?), David cut sugar – specifically fructose – from his diet.
He immediately started to lose weight, and kept it off. Slim, trim and fired up, David set out to look at the connection between sugar, our soaring obesity rates and some of the more worrying diseases of the twenty-first century, and discovered some startling facts in the process.
Sugar was once such a rare resource that nature decided we didn’t need an off-switch – in other words, we can keep eating sugar without feeling full.
Eating a diet high in added sugar over the long term alters your brain’s ability to learn and remember information. However, the good news is that eating nuts and fish such as salmon can counteract this disruption.
Wishing you a GREAT sugarless day!
Cut those spoonfuls of sugar from your diet to lose weight and and have a sharp brain!